May 9, 2019
Some more information for you all.
 You will find the updated schedule here: https://streamlinerowing.com/regattas/nys-high-school-championships-2019-2019/schedule Please note that the schedule that I had sent out the other day has the Saturday morning times correct on it. We have to do the Time Trials separately than the Finals. That attachment is on this email. By tomorrow, after any last scratches and additions, we will have the bow numbers for the Time Trials for you. The link is to the Finals times. This schedule will be updated with the Time Trials results, which will fill out the lanes. The schedule itself, should be correct in times and order of events. Food Tents: The land we are allowed to use was shown to me today. We had a record number of food tent requests this year (by 20+). I'll do my best to get everyone the space they are looking for. If by chance we cannot find enough for every ask, we will guarantee everyone at least their first one. Somehow, the system allowed some people to get 3 - which we have never done before. We will see what we can go. Please note, that virtually all food tents will be behind the ditch at Lee's Park. A select few will be closer to the front, but none will be along the waterfront. The Park is in considerably rough shape. The movement of vehicles will be restricted quite a bit. (more on vehicle parking later). After the spaces are staked and tagged tomorrow, we will have a map sent out that you can send to your Parents Group. Parking: As noted earlier, the Park is a mess. With almost an inch of rain due Friday, have had to create a Plan B. General Parking will be at the Saratoga Casino Hotel, who has offered to help out by letting us use their lot. It is only a few minutes away from the venue. Please enter via the Nelson Ave side.
- A shuttle service will be set up from Nelson Ave Entrance to the NYS Boat Launch. The shuttle service will be $5/person. Upon payment, riders will receive a hand-stamp that allows unlimited rides for that day. There will be a different pass for each day. Cash ONLY. Please be prepared, as there will be no other method to gain a seat in the bus.
- Each team will be given 3 parking passes in their registration packet. These parking passes can be given to whomever the Head Coach decides. Only those with a parking pass will be allowed to park at Lee's Campground.
- There is still a $15/car charge upon arrival at Lee's Campground even with the pass.
- If you do not have a parking pass, you will NOT be allowed to enter. The Sheriff will be very strict about enforcing the "no pass, no entry" rule. If he is pressed, I am quite sure feelings will be hurt (and not his).
- Stewarts will not allow people to park in their lot. You can drop off, and even park there if you are purchasing items. However, if you decide to leave your car there, it will be towed.
- It is recommended that these parking passes are given to those in charge of the food tent, though they will be given out at the discretion of the head coach.
- Vendors, Buses, and Team Trucks will be allowed to enter the park without charge.
- Saturday: 6am-7pm
- Sunday: 6am-5pm
Specifics regarding Shuttles
- From 6am-9am
- 2 Shuttles will be going continuously from the Racino to SRA-Training Center every 15', OR once the bus is full.
- From 9 am until End of Day
- 1 Shuttle at the Racino and 1 at the Training Center, departing every 15 minutes.
- From 6am-9am
 For those who may not know, EVERY boat in the regatta must first race a Time Trial in the Qualifying Regatta on Saturday morning. Those races will happen between 8:00am - 3:20pm. When the Heat Sheets come out, if you are and even-numbered boat, you will race down in Lane 4. If you are an odd-numbered bow #, you will race your TT in Lane 3. The Time Trial results is your OFFICIAL TIME UNTIL A FINAL CHANGES IT. If any of Sunday's races are not run, the Time Trial IS YOUR OFFICIAL TIME for 2019. The Time Trial Map is attached. I have seeded each event, and the bow numbers will be assigned tonight. To do the seeding, I simply used the Grand Final results from 2018. If teams were not entered this year, I just skipped to the next one. No Petite Finals results were used. The Novice Events were the same, even though EVERY boat should have a different lineup this year. In terms of Finals, and how they are assigned to Events: Any event over 15 entries gets an "A", and "B", Final. Senior Events with over 30 entries get a "C" Final. Years ago, it was voted on this way. We acknowledged that we were not trying to use Time Trials to replace head-2-head racing, or thin out the entries too easily. At the same time, we were not looking to have a million 2, 3, 4 boat races when the weekend was dragging on too late Sunday evening. Lineups are due on Friday. Please go ahead and put them in. We would prefer to have them online. Also, and very important, PLEASE make sure your boats are very clear if they are Scholastic or Club. If they are Scholastic, the box should be clicked when you put in their lineups. I'll do my best to highlight all entries on every result to make things more clear as to who is who. Remember, we give G-S-B to the top 3 Scholastic entries, AND the top 3 Club entries. Please note the following rule: A Coach does not get to pick whether their boat is Club or Scholastic. It is quite simple. If EVERY athlete in a lineup goes to one school, it is a Scholastic entry. If any of the athletes go to a different school, the lineup is Club. Easy peasy! Both Scholastic Nationals (SRAA), and Youth Nationals (YNC) allow a team to substitute up to 50% of the lineup they raced at States. The top 2 finishers, regardless of Club/Scholastic get the bids to Youths. For the SRAA, the events have a different number of qualifiers depending on the event. You will find those bid amounts in the States Packet sent earlier. You can find more information here: https://regatta.saratogarowing.com/nys-scholastic-championship/ Please note, the medals, trophies, and plaques will be distributed under the Vendor Tent from now on. Buses are expected to go back to the Bus lot. The shuttle buses will drop off in the area designated on the map. Trailers should plan on arriving by 11pm. They will be parked by me, or someone designated. They will NOT be dropped off quickly and left until the spot is ok'd. At least 13 trailers will park on Lee's Park. It is generally the same crowd, so no surprises there. A map of those assigned to Lee's Park will be sent. We will have security, but we are not looking to have them park trailers in the dark. Coaches & Coxswain's Meeting is at 6:30am both days. It will be help in the Training Center on the corner of the venue by the main road. You are responsible for all information presented there. Expect thundershowers and rain all day Friday. There will be very few chances to practice.A few more emails will follow this one. Tomorrow, I will be sending the full heat sheets. Also, a massive information email will arrive. Most importantly, the Food Tent assignments will be sent. So, please expect more communications tomorrow.Sleep WellChris Chase
- The staff working these events is volunteer; Please work with them as we are doing our best to ensure everyone can watch the races without the additional stress of the wet campgrounds.
Saratoga Rowing Assoc.