NYSSRA COVID-19 Protocols state that proof of negative COVID test or vaccination are REQUIRED for all athletes, coaches, support staff. Each TEAM must designate a Team COVID officer to collect the supporting documentation and be responsible for managing the team’s daily wellness checks. All documents must be submitted by noon on Friday To NYSSRA for distribution of wristbands. Please do NOT send documents to the LOC, they must go through your Team COVID Officer. See more info HERE [LINKED].
There are no spectators allowed at the regatta. There will be drop off loops to drop off athletes only. No waiting. Masks covering nose and mouth are required on land at all times. Neck gaiters and bandanas will not be considered acceptable face coverings. We ask for your cooperation in following all safety rules to ensure compliance with all US Rowing, NYSSRA and state and local COVID guidelines. Failure to comply from athletes, coaches or parents could result in disqualification for teams.
The New York State Invitational Regatta is held on May 21st-23rd 2021 on Fish Creek in Saratoga Springs, NY. This regatta brings teams from all over NY State to one location to see who is the fastest this season.
Spectators are not allowed at the course and there will be no parking available, only drop off.
Please read the information below carefully for more details.
Welcome to Saratoga. We encourage you to take the time to review our competitor guidelines to ensure you have a fair and enjoyable race!
- Due to capacity limits due to Covid restrictions, there will be no food tents or vendors on the site and no spectators, family, friends or others allowed at the venue. Only athletes and coaches will be allowed to access the racing venue and environs (see Live Streaming for alternate viewing options)
- At this time, subject to possible change, all persons coming on to the premises will need to provide either a negative Covid test from the previous 72 hours or proof of vaccination.
- Upon submission and acceptance of Team Roster and it's negative COVID testing, coaches will be issued a wristband for each athlete, coach, and essential person. Those wristbands must be distributed PRIOR to arrival at the race course. Those without wristbands will not be permitted, even if their wristband is at the trailer.
- SRAA is not holding automatic bids for the SRAA regatta from NY State. Teams interested in competing at SRAA will need to petition for spots.
- With regard to the USRowing National Regatta in Sarasota, the qualifying requirement in NY will be given 3 bids per event as opposed to the 2 we historically have had.
- Pease be aware that this is all preliminary information and things are subject to change. We will try to keep updated about everything as it develops.
In light of the prohibition on spectators, plans are being developed to have live streaming of the racing with drone coverage so all those interested in watching the racing will be able to do so off site.
- There will be a drop-off loop for athletes who arrive at the venue. There will be no spectators allowed at the regatta. Spectators are encouraged to watch the live stream downtown at one of the participating restaurants.
- As you drive through Lee's park, please obey the speed limit of 5mph.
- Athletes who drive themselves; There is NO parking at the race course, so please leave ample time to make accommodations.